People who find themselves in financial distress due to coronavirus may request one-time financial support (MOP COVID-19). This also applies to parents of children under 10 years of age who stay with them at home (on care-giver’s allowance) due to the current coronavirus situation. For the social benefit, household income is assessed. The application for the benefit must be justified. The Labor Office of the Czech Republic can provide a benefit to a client whose social and financial circumstances do not allow him to overcome a difficult situation.
Purpose/conditions for drawing: MOP COVID-19 is provided for basic needs, i.e. mainly for food, clothing, hygiene products, rent plus other costs associated with housing (energy, services) and other necessary expenses such as the internet, fees for telephone services, mortgage, etc. On March 1st, the government announced that MOP assistance could also be provided for the purchase of respiratory protection in the amount of CZK 500 per person for one month.
When filling in the application (see below), in this case, check "Other" for the purpose and describe what you need the help for.
What needs to be attached to the MOP application related to COVID-19?
Request for extraordinary immediate assistance associated with COVID-19 (all contact details such as telephone number, e-mail and ID card number) and Consent to transfer birth identification number to the Czech Post (in the case that the benefit should be paid by money order). Other documents that are necessary for the evaluation of the claim and the amount of emergency assistance, such as:
- Proof of income (eg. payslip, confirmation from the employer, bank statement).
- A recent statement from the bank account of the applicant and persons jointly assessed.
- Contract, tenancy agreement or other legal documents proving your rental arrangements
- Recent bills from utility companies such as electricity, gas, waste charges etc.
- Proof of internet, telephone and mortgage costs
- Other relevant documents in connection with the needs for which you are claiming this benefit
Method of applying: Online form or printed form (a printed version of the application is available at every contact office of the Labor Office of the Czech Republic).
DO NOT know how to complete the application and need HELP?
- Contact the Call Center of the Labor Office of the Czech Republic on the toll-free telephone line +420 800 77 99 00, where they will advise you on filling in the form and provide general information to your questions.
- Operators are always available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8 am to 5 pm, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 am to 3 pm and on Fridays from 8 am to 1 pm.