An employee who is unable to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of his job due to nursing/care is entitled to a nursing allowance if taking care of:
- a child under 10 years of age, i.e. these are children born on October 15th, 2010 and later.
- dependent children (up to the age of 26 at the latest) participating in school attendance, dependent on the care of another person (from grade I).
- persons over 10 years of age-dependent on the care of another person using day, weekly care centres and similar facilities.
- children who cannot attend school due to family quarantine regulations.
These conditions also apply to single parents.
Employees working on the basis of an agreement on the performance of work and an agreement on work activities are also entitled if social insurance is paid for them.
Purpose/conditions for drawing:
Entitlement to nursing allowance arises for the period of school closure, ie. from 21 December 2020 to 22 January 2021 on individual days as follows. Due to restrictions on operating schools:
- in the period from December 23rd 2020 to January 3rd 2021, there is no right to the provision (payment) of nursing, because these days are, according to the Education Act and the relevant decree of the Ministry of Education, days of the Christmas holidays. According to Act No. 438/2020 Coll. the right to the provision of nursing allowance during the school holidays is expressly excluded,
- in the period from January 4th 2021 to January 22nd 2021, nursing allowance is entitled to the care of a child under 10 years of age (assessed on December 21st 2020 by the first caregiver) or for a child up to 26 years of age who is dependent on the help of another person at least in grade I, who has been banned from being present at school by a government resolution.
What is the maximum amount of support: Nursing allowance in the amount of 70% of the daily assessment base, but at least CZK 400 per day on a full-time basis.
Relevant period: December 23rd 2020 - January 22nd 2021
Receipt of the application: According to the approved legal regulation, the nursing allowance is applied for the past calendar month, ie at the beginning of November for the month of October. You don't need a confirmation from the school that was closed.
How to apply: Online on the website of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs. The caregiver submits the form to his/her employer, who, after completing the relevant data (or using the form Employer's records for an application for nursing care for a child due to the closure of an educational facility), hands it over to the locally relevant CSSA (in electronic form to the electronic address of the registry office of the locally relevant CSSA.
More detailed information, including frequently asked questions and answers, can be found on The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs website.