The same general recommendations apply to chronic patients as they do to the general public. It is necessary to adhere to basic rules of hygiene.
- Wash your hands with water and soap frequently or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Disinfect your home environment, electronics, and other items used on a daily basis
- Avoid contact with larger numbers of people, avoid anyone who is visibly ill (refuse visits with family and friends);
- If possible, work from home
In connection with chronic diseases, we recommend:
- do not be afraid to visit the doctor - however, before the visit, find out about the regime of the medical facility if you have any doubts (on the website of the health service provider or by phone)
- Do not stop using your regular medication without consulting with your specialist.
For patients with certain chronic diseases, in particular for patients undergoing immunosuppressive treatment, there are specific recommendations related to their particular diagnoses. A valuable source of information are the relevant patient organisations that publish recommendations of specialised medical societies or prepare their recommendations in cooperation with them. Follow the websites of your patient organization.
Individual diagnoses and links to patient organizations: