Skip to main content

Halls of residence

From 22 November, only a certificate of vaccination, a certificate of suffering from a covid-19 disease no older than 180 days, PCR tests no older than 72 hours, or POC antigen test (not older than 24 hours, including online test), will be possible for residing in halls. Other methods will not be accepted.

Rules and recommendations

Staying in dormitories and halls is not currently restricted, it is only necessary to observe basic hygiene rules. It depends on the rules of your educational institution and accommodation.

Pupils and students from the same school or their supervisors do not have to prove any of the O-N-T scheme facts to stay in the dormitories.

However, it is recommended that a respirator or surgical drape be worn in common areas and that other hygiene precautions be observed. Especially in common sanitary facilities or, for example, the kitchen.

Only students who provide proof of infection-free status with a certificate of completed vaccinations, a covid-19 certificate (no older than 180 days), or a PCR test (no older than 72 hours) or a POC antigen test (no older than 24 hours, including an online test) may be housed in the residence halls.

In the case of proving the test, this fact must be re-proved every 7 days.

Frequent questions about this topic

Can I stay at my dormitory if I have a residence in Slovakia?
Is a residence the same thing as a permanent residence?
Who decides about university dormitories being open?