Rules and recommendations
In-person attendance during the lessons is currently allowed under observance of increased hygiene rules in all relevant facilities.
Covid-19 student testing remains in force within all regions of the Czech Republic. Preventive antigen testing is carried out on weekly basis each Monday.
If a student is not present on a testing day, the testing will be carried out the subsequent day.
The school is entitled to replace antigen tests with PCR tests, testing, in that case, is required to take place once a week.
Testing is intended for all students with no regard to disease recovery or vaccination status.
A negative RT-PCR test result (no older than 72 hours) or RAT antigen test (no older than 24 hours) carried out by a medical facility is an alternative option to school testing. Negatively tested student (as stated above) is not required to undergo school testing.
If a student visits more than one schooling facility and has valid negative test results carried out in one facility (has to be proved by relevant sworn statement), it is not required to undergo testing in other facilities.
If a student refuses to undergo testing:
- appropriate nose and mouth covering (ie. FFP2/KN95 respirator) is required to wear indoors and outdoors (only when social distancing at least 1.5 meters cannot be retained). Children under 15 years need not wear respirators, a surgical mask is considered sufficient. There is a valid exception for students having a medical certificate – they do not need to wear any nose and mouth covering. Nose and mouth covering do not have to wear students with relevant health reasons (medical certification may be required to prove such condition).
- exercising is allowed only outdoors with 1.5 meters of social distancing retained,
- singing is allowed only with 2 meters of social distancing retained,
- use of individual hygiene kit,
- when eating or drinking, a spacing of 1.5 meters should be retained.
More information can be found on page: Mandatory testing of pupils in schools.
Students from schools defined in § 16 of Act 561/2004 Coll. are not obliged to wear nose and mouth covering. The exclusion from the general obligation is conditioned by the certificate issued by the relevant medical facility. Only in the case of groups of more than 50 students, nose and mouth covering is mandated during the lessons. More information can be found on page: Masks in schools.
Students and school staff need not comply with the O-N-T system when:
- visiting ZOO, botanic gardens, museums, art galleries, observatories, etc.
- visiting a gym, sports grounds, etc.
- free-time activities,
- cultural events (concerts, cinemas, theatres),
- accommodation facilities.
Mentioned exclusion from the O-N-T system is valid for groups over 20 individuals as well. In addition, spacing need not to be retained.
Please be attentive and do not visit the lessons while displaying any of Covid-19 symptoms.