Rules and recommendations
Schools have started full-time teaching, subject to compliance with hygiene measures.
In addition to the secondary level, this also applies to the lower levels of the multi-year grammar schools.
Pupil testing is again taking place throughout the Czech Republic.
Testing will take place on 22 and 29 November.
It will then be repeated every Monday (or the first day of the new school week) starting from 6th December.
Students who cannot prove any of the O-N-T conditions by other means will be tested.
If a child who falls into this category does not get tested as part of the screening testing:
- must wear nose and mouth protection at all times indoors (respirator e.g. FFP2, KN 95) and outdoors if unable to maintain a 1.5 m spacing. In the case of children under 15 years of age, a face shield is sufficient. They also do not need to have it in their room in the context of outdoor schools etc. There is still an exception for these pupils in case of serious health reasons, provided they have a medical certificate,
- They cannot exercise indoors (outdoors only if the spacing is maintained),
- They cannot sing if they do not keep a distance of 2 m,
- use special hygiene equipment (if available),
- sits at a table/bench with 1.5 m spacing when eating and drinking.
In the event of a positive result, the school will notify the legal guardian, issue a certificate to the pupil, and separate the pupil from other pupils before the legal guardian picks the pupil. In addition, the legal guardian needs to contact the child's GP. A confirmatory RT-PCR test should then be carried out.
Please continue to wear mouth and nose protection when visiting school facilities. All pupils must also wear nose and mouth protection, even when seated at a desk if there are more than 50 pupils in a classroom. For more information, see here: mask in schools.
Exemptions from the requirement to wear a mask must be supported by a medical certificate.
It is also possible for secondary school students to attend practical classes and training in person.
Pupils in the one-year Practical School and two-year Practical School can also attend classes on a full-time basis.
Students and supervisors are exempt from the obligation to prove one of the O-N-T facts when they visit:
- zoological and botanical gardens, museums, galleries, observatories, and planetariums, etc.
- gyms, courts, fitness centers, and other indoor sports facilities, etc.
- leisure education and other free-time activities (in particular various clubs)
- concerts, theatre, film, and similar performances
- accommodation services (e.g. outdoor schools, school trips)
And all this even in numbers of more than 20 people. The 1.5-meter spacing requirement does not apply to them either.
The same applies in the case of swimming in the context of school activities if only pupils from one school are present or the area is separated.
Do not send your children to school if they show symptoms of covid-19.