Skip to main content
We are working on translations of changes since April 12th.

Study in the CZ

Rules and recommendations

Foreigners who have been granted a relevant residence permit and are admitted to studies can travel to the Czech Republic.

Students who have spent more than 12 hours in the last 14 days in a country that is not on the list of countries with a low risk of infection are required to submit a test result to the school where they are studying before entering school. In the case of countries with a medium risk of infection, an antigenic test (performed no earlier than 24 hours before the trip) or a PCR test (performed no earlier than 72 hours before the trip), which was performed before entering the territory of the Czech Republic is sufficient (for citizens of the Czech Republic, their family members, and foreigners residing in the Czech Republic, it is valid that they can submit a test performed in the Czech Republic according to the rules specified in the life situation Traveler Map). In the case of countries with a high and very high risk of infection, a PCR test is required, which was performed on the territory of the Czech Republic. In addition, for travel from countries with a very high risk of infection, the test must be submitted at least 5 days after arrival. You may use this form of PCR results or this form of antigen results). 

For children under the age of 5, institutions (such as a kindergarten) must not allow access to their facilities to children who have returned from a country with a very high risk of infection for 7 days from arrival. This does not apply to children who cross the border regularly, at least once a week. 

The student is also obliged to inform the school if he/she goes to a country with a medium, high, or very high risk of infection for more than 12 hours.

Cross-border students and pupils who cross the border into the Czech Republic at least once a week are not obliged to register electronically, test or quarantine.

A student arriving at this extraordinary time should check all extraordinary measures concerning accommodation/dormitories (prohibition to provide accommodation in dormitories and boarding schools does not apply to those with permanent residency outside the Czech Republic) and the functioning of the university (distance teaching is in place).

A school that has accepted a foreigner for educational purposes is obliged to provide him accommodation for the entire period of stay in the Czech Republic, health care for the entire period of stay, and its payment and return to the country of origin in case of loss of purpose.

Information in English on the conditions of entry into the Czech Republic can be found on the website of the Ministry of the Interior

In case of doubts or questions, please call the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic: +420 974 801 801(Mon - Thu: 8:00 - 16:00 and Fri: 8:00 - 12:00). Or by e-mail: Information is available in the Czech and English languages.