Recommendations and Regulations
How to wash your hands correctly?
There is a poster with instructions on how to wash your hands correctly. You can print it out and place it on the wall in your bathroom. Hand hygiene is essential and it needs to be done correctly. Therefore, it could be helpful for you to have these instructions somewhere so that everyone can see them and follow them.
It is also important to regularly disinfect your mobile/smartphone, PC/laptop, or other electronic devices that you use or touch often.
When is it appropriate to wash your hands?
Wash your hands regularly several times a day. For your inspiration, please see below some daily scenarios after which it would be appropriate to wash your hands:
- after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- after a doctor appointment, or any other appointment at medical facilities
- each time you come back home
- after handling any cash
- after using public transport
- after using a shopping trolley or a basket
- before and after preparing, and also eating your food
- after using the bathroom
- after taking your bins out
- before and after taking care of a baby, and after changing a baby's nappy
World Health Organization Global Hand Hygiene Day takes place on the 5th of May, however, there is no excuse not to apply the right-hand washing technique from now on.
Video of how to wash your hands correctly