Rules and recommendations
Funerals are allowed but only 30 people can be present.
If each person attending a funeral presents a proof of either
- having undergone a PCR test not longer than 7 days prior to the funeral with a negative result
- having undergone a RAT (rapid antigene) test not longer than 72 hours prior to the funeral with a negative result,
- having undergone an on-the-spot test using a self-test kit with a negative result
- having undergone a RAT on-line under surveilllance of a medical professional not longer than 24 hours prior to the funeral with a negative result, provided the healthcare provider issues a proof that the test has taken place
- having survived a COVID-19 infection not longer than 180 days prior to the funeral, or
- having got vaccinated, provided the last dose (i.e., in case of a two-dose vaccination scheme, the second one, in case of a single-dose vaccination scheme, the first one) has been administered at least 14 days prior to the funeral,
this maximum can be increased to 2000 in case of a funeral taking place entirely outdoor (for indoor funerals, a maximum of 1000 people applies).
The general obligations to wear a mask and follow hygienic regulations apply. As part of preventative measures, safe distance needs to be kept (even when sitting).
The wake can be held in a restaurant again, provided all guests present a negative COVID-19 test result or a similar declaration. The rule limiting the number of persons at one table to 6 (except your household members) applies to a wake as well. After the ceremony, you can meet your loved ones, for instance, in your home, however, the limitations stated above, i.e. up to 30 people present without any conditions and up to 1000 or 2000 if the conditions stated above have been fulfilled and the people meet indoors or outdoors, respectively), apply for such a gathering as well. Regardless whether the reception should be held in a restaurant or at home, please do follow the general hygienic regulations, even while consuming refreshments. In case of a wake held in a restaurant, you may take your respirator(s) off while sitting at your table, if you intend to consume a meal or a beverage.
Funeral services are allowed to operate.