Rules and recommendations
Weddings are allowed to happen. Without any further conditions, there can be a maximum of 30 people present, including the couple, the officiator and the registrar.
If each person attending a wedding (including the couple, the registrar, the officiator, etc.) presents a proof of either
- having undergone a PCR test not longer than 7 days prior to the wedding with a negative result
- having undergone a RAT (rapid antigene) test not longer than 72 hours prior to the wedding with a negative result,
- having undergone an on-the-spot test using a self-test kit with a negative result
- having undergone a RAT on-line under surveilllance of a medical professional not longer than 24 hours prior to the wedding with a negative result, provided the healthcare provider issues a proof that the test has taken place
- having survived a COVID-19 infection not longer than 180 days prior to the wedding, or
- having got vaccinated, provided the last dose (i.e., in case of a two-dose vaccination scheme, the second one, in case of a single-dose vaccination scheme, the first one) has been administered at least 14 days prior to the wedding,
this maximum can be increased to 2000 (provided the wedding takes place entirely outdoors, for indoor weddings, a maximum of 1000 people applies).
The reception can be held in a restaurant again if the guests provide a negative COVID-19 test result or similar declaration. Such receptions count as parties/celebrations, thus, the rule limiting the number of persons at one table (except the couple's own household members) to 6 applies to them as well - dancing and/or the presence of a live music group during a wedding is now allowed again. You can as well meet with your loved ones after the wedding ceremony, for instance, at home, however, the limitations stated above, i.e. up to 30 people present without any conditions and up to 1000 or 2000 if the conditions stated above have been fulfilled and the people meet indoors or outdoors, respectively, apply for such a gathering as well. Regardless whether the reception should be held in a restaurant or at home, please do follow the general hygienic regulations, even during the consuming of food and the toast. In case of a reception held in a restaurant, you may take your respirator(s) off while sitting at your table, if you intend to consume a meal or a beverage.
During the ceremony, there is an exception from the obligation to wear a face mask. You have to put your mask back on once the ceremony is over. You can only take it off for the necessary amount of time when taking a photo.