Whether you are a Czech citizen or a foreigner, you have not yet been able to get vaccinated if you have not been insured by a Czech (or EU) public health insurer. From 11 June you will be able to get vaccinated if you fall into one of the groups listed below. You will pay for your own vaccinations and a few other specifics will apply to you.
WHO WILL BE ABLE TO GET VACCINATED AS A SELF-PAYER:
1. a citizen of the Czech Republic, or
2. a foreigner (from the EU or a third country) who is permitted to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 90 days within the meaning of the Act on the Residence of Foreigners and who also meets one of the following conditions:
- has a valid long-term or permanent residence permit in the Czech Republic,
- holds a valid long-term visa,
- is an EU citizen with a temporary residence certificate or a permanent residence permit in the Czech Republic,
- is a family member of an EU citizen with a temporary residence certificate or permanent residence permit in the Czech Republic.
WHERE AND WITH WHAT VACCINE THE VACCINATION WILL TAKE PLACE:
In each region, persons without public health insurance (self-payers) will be able to be vaccinated at least one vaccination point in each region. A list of these vaccination points can be found here.
The vaccination will be carried out only with the Comirnaty vaccine from Pfizer/BioNTech.
Vaccination centers, at the beginning of vaccination of self-payers, by region:
Prague - O2 Universum, Bulovka University Hospital, Thomayer University Hospital, Všeobecná fakultní nemocnice, Královské Vinohrady University Hospital and Hospital na Homolce
Central Bohemia Region - Benešov Hospital, Mladá Boleslav Hospital
South Bohemia Region - Hospital České Budějovice
Pilsen Region - University Hospital Pilsen
Karlovy Vary Region - Karlovy Vary Regional Hospital
Ústí Region - Masaryk Hospital in Ústí and Labem
Liberec Region - Regional Hospital Liberec
Hradec Kralove Region - University Hospital Hradec Kralove
Pardubice Region - Pardubice Hospital
Vysočina Region - Hospital Jihlava
South Moravian Region - St. Anne's University Hospital, University Hospital Brno
Olomouc Region - University Hospital Olomouc
Zlín Region - Tomáš Bata Hospital
Moravian-Silesian Region - University Hospital Ostrava
PRICE FOR SELF-PAYERS
The maximum price of one dose will not exceed CZK 810. I.e. 1620,- CZK for both doses.
REGISTRATION FOR VACCINATION
SELF-PAYERS REGISTERING PROCEDURE
- Enter your telephone number at registration.mzcr.cz/self-payers and you will receive a PIN1, which you can then enter into the system,
- this will open a form where you fill in your personal details,
- choose a vaccination site (allowing vaccination of self-payers) and submit your application,
- an email confirming your registration will be sent to the email address you have provided, and a text message will be sent to the phone number you have provided confirming your registration and containing your identification number.
Once the vaccination site you have selected lists the available vaccination dates, an invitation SMS will be sent to the phone number you have provided with your identification number and PIN2. You will need both of these details to book your appointments.
SELF-PAYERS BOOKING PROCEDURE
You can make a reservation again using the portal crs.mzcr.cz, where you can select the tile Vaccination Step 2: Reservation of the date, or you can use the link reservation.mzcr.cz directly. This step is the same as booking appointments for insured persons.
- Use the ID number and PIN2 you have received to book an appointment at the vaccination site of your choice at reservation.mzcr.cz,
- you choose the date and time of the first vaccination, the date for the second vaccination will be automatically generated for you at the same vaccination site at the interval according to the currently valid rules.
You have 48 hours to make the booking from the time you receive your PIN2. If for any reason you do not make the booking within 48 hours, you are returned to the registration and await a new SMS prompt from the vaccination site.
You can be returned to registration a maximum of 3 times, after which your registration will expire. However, you can create a new one if you decide to vaccinate later.
WHAT TO BRING
- proof of identity - if you are not a citizen of the Czech Republic, please also bring a document to verify your residence permit in the Czech Republic,
- cash, or credit card, and note: some vaccination sites only accept payment by card on site.
You can check the sample documents beforehand.
OBTAINING A VACCINATION CERTIFICATE
You can pick up your certificate immediately after your vaccination at https://ocko.uzis.cz (only in Czech). You will need the same phone number and email you provided when you registered to pick it up.