Skip to main content

Legal help - social situation

This Life Situation is archived. The text below may not be up to date.


If you need legal advice, you can seek help directly from a lawyer or seek cost-free legal advice first. Here you get a basic orientation, and then decide how to proceed.

You can look for help from the Association of Civic Counselling Centres. It brings together organizations that provide free counseling in several legal areas, mainly to single parents, the unemployed, people living on the border of subsistence, and national minorities. (only in Czech) can help you orientate yourself in any debt issues and gain basic knowledge of how to deal with debts. You can also search the website for contacts in your region that can help you with your problem.

You can also get advice from future lawyers at the Student Legal Counselling Centre at the Faculty of Law at the Palacky University in Olomouc (only in Czech). Students provide free legal advice under the guidance of professionals (lawyers or teachers).

Free legal advice or assistance is also offered by other non-profit organizations and associations. Your municipality or city may also provide legal advice. Ask directly at the municipal office or search the website.

If you are solving a problem in the field of execution, the free counseling centers (only in Czech) of the Bailiffs' Chamber in Prague, Brno, Pilsen, and Ostrava can help you.