CURRENTLY: Information on the nursing care during rotation learning.
During rotation learning, the right to receive payments of nursing allowance applies only to those days when the child was not allowed to attend in-class learning and was ordered remote learning (including a weekend in the same week). Thus, parents cannot apply for a nursing allowance for days when the child is in-class learning even if they opt for homeschooling eg due to concerns about the child's health.
If a child has a positive test result during compulsory testing at school, he or she becomes entitled to nursing care on the same day. Until the child undergoes a confirmatory PCR test, entitlement to nursing care continues. If the confirmatory PCR test is negative, then on this day the need for care ends and the child returns to school. If the PCR test is positive, the entitlement to treatment remains until the quarantine (recovery) is completed. It is advised to keep confirmation of the child's test for the employer. Further information can be found on the ČSSZ website.
Who can draw the nursing allowance
An employee (including DPP / DPČ, if social insurance is paid for him) who is unable to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of his job due to nursing/care is entitled to a nursing allowance if taking care of:
- a child under 10 years of age, i.e. these are children born on October 15th, 2010 and later.
- dependent children (up to the age of 26 at the latest) participating in school attendance, dependent on the care of another person (from grade I).
- persons over 10 years of age-dependent on the care of another person using day, weekly care centres and similar facilities.
- children who cannot attend school due to family quarantine regulations.
- a child over the age of 9 with special educational needs who is unable to participate in online learning on their own, such as children with severe developmental behavioral disorders, multiple disabilities or autism.
From April 30th, 2021, the circle of persons who can draw nursing allowance is extended. Now relatives who do not live in the same household with the child can draw the nursing allowance. These are relatives in direct bloodline (eg grandparents) or second-degree relatives (eg aunts, uncles, siblings, nieces or nephews). You can find out how these people can draw the nursing allowance and details on the topic in the CSSZ press release.
These conditions also apply to single parents.
A parent whose child with a moderate or severe mental disability, multiple disabilities or autism spectrum disorder cannot undergo a preventive antigen test at school for health reasons may receive nursing care even for the time when the child could attend school, but you need to have confirmation from your doctor.
Employees working on the basis of an agreement on the performance of work and an agreement on work activities are also entitled if social insurance is paid for them.
Purpose/conditions for drawing: Entitlement to nursing allowance for the period of closure of schools and pre-school facilities arises as follows:
- the right to the provision of nursing allowance is from April 12th 2021 for the care of a child under 10 years of age or a child up to 26 years of age, who is dependent on the help of another person at least in level I (mild dependence) and whose personal presence at a school or preschool was prohibited by a government resolution
- according to Act No. 438/2020 Coll. the right to the provision of nursing allowance during the school holidays is expressly excluded. For children attending a preschool, nursing is also provided during the school holidays (school holidays are not announced for preschools). Nursing allowance does not apply:
- during the period of the announced spring holidays, the date of which is announced individually for individual districts,
- for the day of the Easter holidays, which falls on Thursday, April 1st, 2021 (Friday, April 2nd, 2021 is the so-called other holiday according to Act No. 245/2000 Coll.),
the right to the provision of nursing allowance applies if the child reached 10 years of age on December 22nd 2020 and later, because the closure of 3rd and higher grades is valid continuously from December 21st 2020 (ie the condition that on December 21st 2020 the child is younger than 10 years of age).
What is the maximum amount of support: The Parliament of the Czech Republic has newly approved an increase in the nursing allowance to 80% of the daily assessment basis. Nursing will increase retroactively from March 1st, 2021. If you have received a nursing allowance of 70% of the daily assessment base since the beginning of March, you will be automatically sent an additional payment during May.
Relevant period: depends on the period (month) you are applying for, however, the nursing allowance is paid by the district social security administration, no later than 1 month following the day on which the employer for the district social security administration received fully completed documents.
Receipt of the application: According to the approved legal regulation, the nursing allowance is applied for the past calendar month, ie at the beginning of November for the month of October. You don't need a confirmation from the school that was closed.
How to apply: Online on the website of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs. The caregiver submits the form to his/her employer, who, after completing the relevant data (or using the form Employer's records for an application for nursing care for a child due to the closure of an educational facility), hands it over to the locally relevant CSSA (in electronic form to the electronic address of the registry office of the locally relevant CSSA.