Skip to main content

Problems and failures that can occur during tests

The general practitioner does not want to write me an e-request.

You do not need an e-Request for the rapid antigen test (RAT) performed by a healthcare professional. If you need a request for a PCR test because you have symptoms, the GP is obliged to write you an e-Request.

I want to get tested (RAT antigen test), but I cannot come to the collection points.

RAT antigen testing is not mandatory, therefore mobile teams do not operate. Therefore, it is necessary to schedule an appointment at the collection points. If you are interested in voluntary antigen testing, you can also contact your GP, they may do RAT antigen testing. The same applies to dentists, gynaecologists, etc. Look at the map and find the best place at one of your doctors.

My general practitioner is not available (vacation, illness, ...) and I need an e-Request.

You no longer need a GP to test with RAT antigen tests. If you are looking for a PCR test request, GPs usually have a substitute GP. If you have just encountered a situation where your GP does not have a substitute GP, you can contact KHS. Unfortunately, they are now overloaded and it may take a while to contact them. However, they can also issue you an e-Request if you describe your situation - in case your GP was not available to you.

I think I suffer from Covid. Should I go for an antigen test or a PCR test? Or can I choose?

If you have symptoms of coronavirus disease or have been in risky contact with a positively tested person, contact your GP and follow his instructions. He will probably either invite you to his office for an antigen test or issue you an e-Request for a PCR test.

Can I refuse to be tested?

If you are issued an e-Request by a GP - you have symptoms - you are in risky contact, it is your duty to attend the tests. In this case, it will be a PCR test, not an antigen test.

Frequent questions about this topic

I am a doctor, an asymptomatic patient came to see me but does not want to get tested at my office. What can I do?