Up-to-date information can be newly found on the page Holidays 2021 (only in Czech) The information given below may not be updated.
Rules and recommendations
When traveling from the Czech Republic to Slovakia, it is necessary to register ((fully vaccinated persons only need to register once every 6 months) and show proof of vaccination. This can be proven by an EU COVID digital certificate or a national certificate with a QR code. Unvaccinated persons must be quarantined, with exceptions. This can be terminated after 14 days without a test, or upon receipt of a negative PCR test result no earlier than the 5th day of quarantine. Children under 18 years of age follow their parents' regimen.
A complete exception from these measures has, for example, international transport drivers and EU citizens who transit through Slovakia (within 8 hours).
Exceptions are also available to cross-border workers, students, artists. However, they must register and submit a negative PCR or antigen test that is not older than 7 days (i.e. a test already performed in the Czech Republic).
For traveling to a funeral, a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours (i.e. a test already performed in the Czech Republic) is sufficient in addition to registration.
More information can be found at the Czech embassy in Bratislava's websites (only in Czech).
Before traveling to Slovakia, we recommend that you read the information on currently valid measures in the Slovak Republic, which are clearly published on the website of the Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic and also on the Quarantine Measures and Travel website (only in Slovak).
Return from Slovakia
Slovakia is on the list of countries with a high risk of infection, therefore the following applies for travel from Slovakia:
1. Before entering the Czech Republic, fill in the Arrival Form.
2. In the case of travel to the Czech Republic by public transport (e.g. by plane, train, bus), citizens and residents of the Czech Republic must undergo an antigen test (performed up to 24 hours before the start of the trip) or an RT-PCR test (performed up to 72 hours before the start of the trip to the Czech Republic). The test confirmation can be in paper or electronic form and you can use this PCR test confirmation form. You can also use the EU COVID digital certificate to prove that you have undergone the test.
3. When travelling by individual transport, citizens and residents of the Czech Republic do not have to take a pre-trip test at all.
4. All others who are not citizens or residents of the Czech Republic must undergo an RT-PCR test no more than 72 hours before travel. It is also possible to show proof of the test with an EU COVID digital certificate.
5. Everyone is obliged to undergo an RT-PCR test at the earliest 5 and at the latest 14 days after arrival in the Czech Republic. You must remain in quarantine until the result of the test.
For more information, including exceptions, please see Possibilities and Obligations of Foreigners Entering the Czech Republic.