Children and minors younger than 16 years old need to be accompanied to the sampling point by their legal representative, who:
- provides the sampling point an informed consent with the vaccination (paper form is not necessary, but the sampling point can ask for it)
- fills in the anamnestic questionnaire at the sampling point (5-11 years and 12-15 years)
- will show:
- the minor’s insurance card
- the ID card of the legal representative (or a document proving that they are the minor’s legal representative, if necessary, such as the minor’s birth certificate)
- in case of a minor older than 15 years old, his or her ID card
Minors aged between 16-17 can go to the sampling spot even without their legal representative. They can fill in and sign the informed consent and anamnestic questionnaire themselves. They need to bring their ID card and insurance card.
Vaccination of children aged between 6 months – 4 years
- Children aged between 6 months – 4 years can get vaccinated in the Czech Republic by a lower dose of the Comirnaty 3 micrograms (Pfizer/BioNTech) vaccine.
- This vaccine has the basic vaccination scheme of three doses.
- You can book the vaccination at the general practitioner for children or at some sampling points providing this service. You cannot register through the Central Booking System for this age category.
- Booster dose for children aged between 6 months – 4 years is not yet possible.
- More information on vaccination of children aged between 6 months - 4 years are available in the summary of product characteristics on the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the State Institute of Drug Control (SÚKL) websites
Vaccination of children aged between 5-11 years
- Children 5-11 years old are vaccinated by a lower dose of the Comirnaty 10 micrograms vaccine (Pfizer/BioNTech).
More about the vaccines
- The first booster dose can be administered intramuscularly to children aged from 5 to 11:
- With the Comirnaty 10 micrograms vaccine after at least 6 months since the basic vaccination
- With the bivalent Comirnaty vaccine after 3 months since the basic vaccination
- The second and other booster doses can be administered to children aged between 5-11 years old after 3 months since the previous booster dose with the bivalent Comirnaty vaccine.
- You can find the available vaccination places when registering in the Central Booking System (Overview of vaccination places (uzis.cz)) when choosing the “Comirnaty/Pfizer (5-11 years)” vaccine.
- Vaccination is further possible from pediatricians based on the individual agreement without the Central Booking System.
- More information on vaccination of children aged from 5 to 11 are available in the summary of product characteristics on the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the State Institute of Drug Control (SÚKL) websites
Vaccination of children aged between 12-17 years
- Minors aged between12-17 years old are vaccinated by the Comirnaty (Pfizer/BioNTech), Spikevax (Moderna) and Nuvaxovid (Novavax) vaccines
More about vaccines
- The first booster dose can be administered to minors older than 12 years old at least 3 months after the basic vaccination with the Comirnaty and Spikevax vaccines and bivalent Comirnaty or Spikevax vaccines.
- The second and other booster doses can be administered to minors older than 12 years old at least 3 months after the first booster dose by the bivalent Comirnaty or Spikevax vaccines.
- You can find the available vaccination places in the Overview of vaccination places (uzis.cz) when choosing the “Children (12-17 years)” filter.
- More information on vaccination is available in the summary of product characteristics on the European Medicines Agency (EMA)
Registration for the vaccination of children and minors
- The registration can be done via Central Booking System
- The registration is available for children older than 5 years old. Children younger than 5 years old can be vaccinated at their GPs after their previous agreement (the registration via Central Booking System is not possible).
- When choosing the vaccine while registering, choose:
- A vaccine marked as COMIRNATY/Pfizer (5-11 years) – for children aged between 5-11 years old
- Vaccines marked as COMIRNATY/Pfizer 2022 or SPIKEVAX/Moderna 2022 - those are vaccines for which the European Commission decided to register (Comirnaty Original/Omicron BA.1, Comirnaty Original/Omicron BA.4-5 and Spikevax bivalent Original/Omicron BA.1.) and approved the use of these bivalent vaccines for booster dose.
Getting the vaccination certificate
The most practical way is to download the Tečka app through which you can then download the certificate. Minors can have the certificate in the Tečka app on their phone. The legal representative can also add the minor into their Tečka app on their phone, where they can already have their certificate.
Problems with downloading the certificate for minors are mostly caused when the parent enters their email, and the other parent is then trying to download it through their email etc. Please remember what data you fill in at the vaccination and use those when downloading the certificate. If you need help, call the Infoline 1221.