Whether you are a Czech citizen or a foreigner, that has no public health insurance, you may get a covid-19 vaccine in the Czech Republic.
This means that the condition of temporary or permanent residence no longer applies, nor do you have to be a family member of a person residing in the Czech Republic.
WHERE AND WITH WHAT VACCINE
Where to get vaccinated:
- Use the filter "Self-payers" on ockoreport.uzis.cz (or other filters to make your search easier. The website is only in Czech),
- if your GP vaccinates, ask him/her if he/she also vaccinates under the self-pay scheme.
Which vaccine is used:
If you use the "Self-payers" filter on ockoreport.uzis.cz (only in Czech), you will see what vaccine the vaccination site has available. If you are going to be vaccinated by your GP, please check with him/her which vaccine he/she has.
PRICE FOR SELF-PAYERS
From 15 November 2021, the recommended price for vaccination is CZK 400 (may change according to the price list of the specific vaccination site). This is the cost of administering the dose, the vaccine is already covered by the Czech Republic. This price is therefore paid twice for two-dose vaccines, for Janssen as a one-time payment.
If you are vaccinated as of 15 November 2021 (you have had the first dose but not yet the second dose), you will also pay the recommended price (or the price list of the vaccination site) when the second dose is administered.
REGISTRATION FOR VACCINATION
SELF-PAYERS REGISTERING PROCEDURE
- Enter your telephone number at registration.mzcr.cz/self-payers and you will receive a PIN1, which you can then enter into the system,
- this will open a form where you fill in your personal details,
- choose a vaccination site (allowing vaccination of self-payers) and submit your application,
- an email confirming your registration will be sent to the email address you have provided, and a text message will be sent to the phone number you have provided confirming your registration and containing your identification number.
Once the vaccination site you have selected lists the available vaccination dates, an invitation SMS will be sent to the phone number you have provided with your identification number and PIN2. You will need both of these details to book your appointments.
SELF-PAYERS BOOKING PROCEDURE
You can make a reservation again using the portal crs.mzcr.cz, where you can select the tile Vaccination Step 2: Reservation of the date, or you can use the link reservation.mzcr.cz directly. This step is the same as booking appointments for insured persons.
- Use the ID number and PIN2 you have received to book an appointment at the vaccination site of your choice at reservation.mzcr.cz,
- you choose the date and time of the first vaccination, the date for the second vaccination will be automatically generated for you at the same vaccination site at the interval according to the currently valid rules.
You have 48 hours to make the booking from the time you receive your PIN2. If for any reason you do not make the booking within 48 hours, you are returned to the registration and await a new SMS prompt from the vaccination site.
You can be returned to registration a maximum of 3 times, after which your registration will expire. However, you can create a new one if you decide to vaccinate later.
WHAT TO BRING
- proof of identity
- cash, or credit card, and note: some vaccination sites only accept payment by card on site.
OBTAINING A VACCINATION CERTIFICATE
You can pick up your certificate immediately after your vaccination at ocko.uzis.cz (only in Czech). You will need the same phone number and email you provided when you registered to pick it up.